Sunday, January 29, 2017

1 Cor. 6.19

1Co 6:19  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,


I just read in Exodus about all the details of building the tabernacle, Ark of the Covenant and the priestly garments and have been blown away at God's detail in it all. God wrote chapters describing what would be in our eyes, the very small details of the building and making of these things. But this shows that to Him, these details are not small at all. If Creator God, Holy and All Powerful included them in Scripture, they hold much significance to Him and to His story of redemption. It's easy to get caught up in the big picture and miss the details that show God's fingerprints all throughout Scripture. But it's also easy to get stuck in the details and lose sight of Jesus. But if we look for Him, we will always find Him. If we allow Him to open our eyes, He will show us wonderful things in His Word.

Psa 119:18  Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

One of the prayers that I pray continually for me and the people that are in my life is that God will give me eyes to see and ears to hear. In Revelation we read repetitively "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.". The Spirit is speaking to His church. Jesus is always calling us into deeper intimacy with Him. God is always beckoning us into greater dependence on Him and His Word. His Word is alive and sharper than any two edged sword. The details throughout the Bible weave together the most beautiful and epic story ever written. The Bible is not made up of random letters and books, but God has intricately woven them all together to testify of the grace and redemption that is in Jesus Christ.

When I finished reading in Exodus about the descriptions of the tabernacle, ark and priestly garments, I was sitting in His presence and meditating on what I read when I heard His voice speak to my heart.

"Do you see how many details there are and how I care about each one of them? Emily where is my temple now? But now you are the temple of My Spirit. And I care just as much about every detail of you."

2Co 6:16  What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people

1Pe 2:5  you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

And for the priestly garments... God says

1Pe 2:9  But you are a chosen race, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

HE CARES. HE CARES. The God who holds all power of life and death cares about the details of His chosen people, His priesthood, a people for His possession. He cares about the things we don't think anybody cares about. God is a Redeemer and will redeem even the small details and desires of our heart. Walking with Jesus truly gets better each and every day. It doesn't get easier, but it is richer, fuller and more miraculous as we live each moment in the grace that He has freely poured out on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment