Monday, January 30, 2017

Psalm 32:1-2

Freed from guilt + Freed from shame

Psa 32:1  Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Psa 32:2  Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

How many of God's sons and daughters live in guilt and shame? (✋) Our sin separated us from God and we are innately guilty. That is our state of life before we have been cleansed by the blood of Christ. But after we have been washed, sanctified and redeemed by His blood, we have no guilt and no shame. We have been set free from the shackles and accusations.

Why would we break camp in the grounds of guilt and shame when we could be souring on eagles wings? When I am walking in guilt and shame I feel like a lifeless body making my way through life. Of the many things that break God's heart, I think seeing His forgiven children walking in guilt must be up there for Him. It surely stems from unbelief and takes my eyes off of the the final work of Jesus and places them on my depravity. Some days I am running in His victory but some days I wake up and feel like I am drowning in guilt and shame. The enemy of our souls wants to steal, kill and destroy and souls and our daily life on this earth. So often he does this with his accusations and threats of guilt. As soon as I feel guilt and shame as a banner over me instead of "FREEDOM" "VICTORY" "HIS LOVE" my response should be to acknowledge my sin before Him. Confess before Him and rest in His forgiveness. When I keep silent, I am sitting in shackles that have already been opened. When I wallow in guilt I walk back into that prison cell that I have already been freed from. I go pull my old death sentence from the archives that says "PAID IN FULL" and ignore the big bold words stamped on it hang it on my wall and declare its accusations as true.

But oh, it is PAID IN FULL. It has no power over me because my Jesus conquered sin and death and is now victoriously reigning in heaven. He is my freedom. He is my guiding place. He surely preserves me from trouble and surrounds me with shouts of deliverance {victory}. Today I'm looking at the truth that it is paid in full and instead of looking at the accusations, I will look at the One who set me free from them all.

Selah.


Psa 32:7  You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment