Friday, November 4, 2016

Revelation 2:2-4

'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false.

I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭2:2-4‬ ‭

Lately God has been calling my heart into deeper intimacy for Him. That is a call that last my lifetime, but often I sway from it and answer to other calls, even "good" calls. It's all about love. As cliche as that sounds, it is true. It's all about the rich and deep love of God. He's been showing me that it's not about being the best missionary or leader or servant, but it is about loving Jesus with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. It is about loving Jesus in every task and every job. It is about seeking His face and worshiping His greatness. It is about beholding His glory and surrendering everything to Him.

Works, toil and patient endurance are not the call. Bearing up for Christ's sake and the power to not grow weary are not the goal, they are not the prize. All of those qualities are fruit of a life surrendered to the Holy Spirit, but they are not the prize. Our prize, our goal and our first call is to love Jesus Christ supremely. Jesus has been reaching my heart and calling me to just love. He wants to reach the depths of my heart with His love. He wants the depths of my heart to rejoice and be set free with an abounding love for Him. His love brings freedom.

My call? To love Jesus fiercely with everything that I have and everything that I am. To love each and every person that is front of me with the passionate sacrificial love of Christ.

Lord be my desire, passion and strength. My desire when I have no desire for You, my passion when I have no passion for Your people and my strength when I have no strength to carry on with what you've laid in front of me.

Application: My heart is crying out for a deeper love for Christ. This is my application and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment