Monday, November 28, 2016

Psalm 125:1

“Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭125:1‬ ‭

Seasons change. That's the thing about seasons, they always change. While I believe that there are aspects and callings to our life in Christ that remain no matter the season, I recognize that certain seasons of our life are devoted to specific lessons that God wants to teach us.

In this season the Lord has been taking me into a deeper season of absolute trust in Him and His sovereignty. The other night I was watching the moon and it was shining so bright, in a matter of seconds it was completely covered by clouds. I said to Jasmine that it reminded me of the trials in our life and the dark times. Often it feels like our light is gone or that we have lost what we once had, but the truth is that it isn't lost at all, it just isn't visible from that angle. God's light and work in my life is His doing alone, I get no credit or glory for any of it. God is all powerful and His work doesn't fade as the day does, but it abides forever.

Do I trust in His perfect grace?
Do I trust in His perfect plan for all of my days?

The answer that so often overwhelms me is no! But since we live in the power of His grace, if the answer is no all I can do is cast myself in His grace and let His truth transform my heart and mind. It's not about mustering up the trust, but confessing my great need before Him and allowing Him to fill my heart with trust. When Jesus did miracles, He didn't ask the person to heal them self. He normally asked them to take one step of faith, or they did so before He asked and He healed with His power. My paralyzed heart takes the step of faith that He sees as beautiful when I reach out with every ounce of strength I have to Him. I reach out, He fills. I look to Him, He changes my perspective. Looking and reaching out to Him is all He asks. "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you". That promise is for every second every day. It is for every need and every want. He fulfills it all. And for that I am eternally grateful. So for the days it seems like I have lost my passion and vision, I reach out to Him and He is faithful and just to once again, produce a miracle in my heart.

"Whenever your heart starts to be anxious about the future, preach to your heart and say, 'Heart, who do you think you are to be afraid of the future and nullify the promise of God? No, heart, I will not exalt myself with anxiety. I will humble myself in peace and joy as I trust this precious and great promise of God-He cares for me."
-John Piper

When I am faced with an opportunity to trust in the Lord. I can either cling to myself, or cling to God. Fear kills faith, but a heart of faith is a heart of trust. Lately I have been hearing the Lord impress on my heart to ask! He loves to answer our prayers. He is asking us to ask. That is amazing to me. The Creator of the world, wants to be strong on our behalf. What a blessing! I have seen Him answer so many prayers in my life that it blows me away! Yet how quickly I forget his faithfulness. Yet even when I am faithless, he is faithful! May the Spirit lay things on our heart to pray. May He align our will with His and plant His desires and visions into our heart. In the moments and days where I feel faithless and void of trust, I come to His table and ask. He is so faithful to hear every cry of my heart and answer on behalf of His daughter.

“And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭35:10‬ ‭

No comments:

Post a Comment