Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hebrews 13.7

Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. 
Hebrews 13.7

As I was praying about these verses I started thinking about the testimony of example. There is a saying that says “do as I say and not as I do” that is often used in a joking manner. While excused as a joke, it is often the way we live. Two great examples of relationships where this mindset plays out is in the relationship within the family and also the Body of Christ. We see a generation of parents in the church who teach good moral Christianity but lack a true relationship with Christ. They desire for their children a life they do not possess. This mindset is full of fault as actions truly do speak louder than words. Instead of forcing a relationship with God into the life of children, I believe the most important thing a parent can do is walk in obedience to Jesus Christ everyday and their children will follow. Children will catch the vision of a life that is lived for His kingdom. The most powerful testimony a parent can give their children is the testimony of a life sold out for Jesus Christ. It’s less about preaching the message and more about living the message of Christ. I look straight to my mom for this example. She daily lived the Gospel right in front of my eyes and made it irresistible for me. The supernatural strength and love that I saw her life daily testified of a life that was lived for another country, a heavenly one. Her testimony is the most impactful testimony in my life and it is because she didn’t just talk about Jesus, she lived utterly sold out for Him. In the church, in the home, at the workplace and with friendships the most important thing a leader can do is to live the message they preach. A leader that impacts others for Christ is a leader who is impacted by Christ.

Lord Jesus, teach me how to lead like you did. Give me boldness to testify of you all the days of my life. May you be glorified in all that I do and say, for all of my days. For Your kingdom come.

Application: Today I am praying for my mom and thanking God for the way He used her testimony to draw me to Him. I am also praying that He increases her boldness to testify of all that God has done in and through her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment