Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hebrews 5.8

//Although He was a Son, He learned obedience through what He suffered//
Hebrews 5:8


I am the worst bed maker. I don’t know the reason why, but I bet you that i’m the slowest bed maker in Class 11. This morning as I was making my bed I thought to myself “Man I just wish I could be spending time with Jesus instead of struggling to get my sheets and blankets lined up perfectly”. As soon as I thought that, the Holy Spirit jumped in and used that as an opportunity to teach me.


What if making my bed on August 15th, 2016 at 6:15AM was God’s will for me? I believe it is, and that brings new light to every task in my life. This morning Jesus was showing me that making my bed can be a meaningless task, or it can be an act of worship. Doing KP can be a chore, or a gift. IBS can be something to scratch off our list, or it can be a time where we hear God’s voice. We get so caught in in God’s grand will for our lives that we miss the daily tasks that He predestines us to do in His name and for His glory. I think God’s will for our lives is more about faithfully seeing Him in every detail everyday, and glorifying Him in everything that we do and say. He is more concerned about what He does in us than what He does through us. When I see every task as God’s will for me, and worship Him in it, it glorifies Almighty God, and it changes me. Paul exhorts us in Romans 12:1 “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship”.


Today my spiritual worship may look different than yours. But through God’s Word we see that it is the same presentation, a presentation of our bodies, our heart and our will. A presentation of our desires and abilities. A presentation of surrender, everyday for His purposes, for His glory. I am so encouraged by the Spirit’s edification that every task is an act of worship. Making my bed doesn’t please God anymore than reading my Bible. He is pleased with me only because of the blood of Jesus. My prayer is that in every opportunity and moment, we see Jesus. He is with me as I make my bed, read my Bible, do my laundry, and even when I sleep.

Father thank you that what seems small and meaningless in my eyes, is your grand will for my life. Give me the grace to do every task in worship, knowing that You are fully pleased with Your daughter.

Application: Tomorrow when I make my bed, I will take some extra time to thank Jesus for the opportunity and praise His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment