Monday, August 22, 2016

Hello From Guatemala


It amazes me that we are more than halfway through the training portion of the IGNITE internship. It has been a full six weeks and the Lord is doing amazing things here. My days are spent in Bible classes, team building, cultural and language classes and serving at the Potter’s Field Center. The interns and I weekly serve at the Kids Club in Antigua, Guatemala which ministers and feeds local children every week. The doors are open to any and all children and they are welcomed to the property with loving hands and the love of Christ. We are also blessed to take part in different outreaches to the community every week and the Lord continues to open doors and usher people into His kingdom. God has been bringing me personally into a continual state of surrender and brokenness before Him. He is refining my heart and purifying my motives. He has been bringing me into a deeper dependence on Him and drawing me into closer intimacy with Him. As He strips away more of my selfish desires and flesh, He continually fills me with His Spirit and draws me in closer communion with Him. I am continually amazed at the beauty of living in and for Him.


 I have some exciting news to announce. In October, I will be going to Phnom Penh, Cambodia for 6 months for my field time! I will be going there with three other ladies and we will be jumping in the ministry that the Lord has planted there. We will be helping serve in the Kids Clubs, teaching in schools, reaching out to the community through a local church among many other things that the Lord gives us. The Lord tucked Cambodia on my heart even before I knew I was coming to IGNITE, so it is such a special answer to prayer when the Lord placed me on team Cambodia. Team Cambodia and I have spent the last two weeks working together on group activities and outreaches and it is a huge blessing to see how, by His grace alone, He is drawing us together as one.



I have a little less than six weeks left here in Guatemala and then I will head to Oklahoma for a week to re-connect with my church & family and I will then fly out for Cambodia. Please continue to pray for me and the rest of the team serving around the world in Potter's Field Ministries. Blessings!


“I do not know Thy plan for years to come. My spirit finds in Thee it’s perfect home, Sufficiency.”

-Elisabeth Elliot

 


Thank you all for your prayers and support! I treasure each and everyone of you and I'm so thankful that we are in this mission together. 

 

Prayer Requests

-Continual Team Unity for all of Class 11 & Team Cambodia.

-Diligence in every task

-The Nation of Cambodia.


-A soft heart for the Lord and everything that He is doing here & in my life.  

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Good is so good. Its awesome that He knew your heart for Cambodia. Continually praying for The Lords covering over all of you. ❤️☝️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete