Monday, August 22, 2016

Hebrews 13:5

“Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you”.
Hebrews 13:5

Ignite has been a lot less fulfilling than I thought it would be. I say that with a smile on my face because my heart is overjoyed at what the Lord is doing in my heart. Everyday He exposes my wrong way of thinking and every day He renews it with His truth. Ignite is not as fulfilling as I thought not because it isn’t amazing, but because only Jesus can satisfy. Every hope that I place my expectation on will fail, except the hope of Jesus Christ as it will never disappoint.

The only gift of God that will bring contentment is the gift of Jesus. James 1:17 says “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change”. God is a Giver and He has gifted me with the opportunity to be here. It truly is a beautiful gift and I am so thankful for it. If I place my hope and contentment in it, it will leave me disappointed. God is detaching me from every idol and distraction in my heart and binding it to His. Being content in Christ is being satisfied with Him. It’s not having an appetite for things of this world but for heavenly food. He’s showing me how dependent I am on material things. For example, if I don’t have food, water or coffee I will feel the effects very quickly. One morning we fasted from food and coffee and I was so humbled at how badly it effected me. The Spirit started showing me how He designed us to be even more so dependent on Him. It’s possible to walk in such a way where I don’t just desire Christ, but I utterly depend on Him. He created us in such a way where our communion with Him can be so strong that if we don’t partake in it, we will utterly fail with no strength.

Father reveal the areas of my heart where I am attached to other things but you. Reveal the areas that I trust in my own strength rather than yours. God I want to commune with You. Thank you for this beautiful gift of relationship with Jesus. Jesus I love you.



Application: Today i am praying for a heart that is attached only to Jesus and not to any of the gifts that He gives me.



No comments:

Post a Comment