Thursday, March 23, 2017

Luke 10.27


Luk 10:27  And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

What truly does God want from us? What does He desire from His people? If you're reading this, I would encourage you to truly allow Him to search your heart and and see what you really believe about this. I know personally, I probably would have said that He wants us to love Him with all of our heart and love and serve others. I would have said that, but God has been revealing to me that I I would end that sentence with "and.....". For a long time now (too long) I have had an unrest in my soul. I've hen carrying around in the depth of my heart an angst that I have yet to attain what following God is really about. I don't know where the root of it came from. I don't know what lie I choose to believe and allowed this to root in my soul. But I know that I have hidden it in a desire to love and serve God. That is the desire of my heart. But God has been showing me that I have misunderstood what it means to love God and serve others.

Sitting on the floor with your bible seeking the One True God is loving Him.

Serving the local church, teaching the Word, living life alongside God's people, enjoying God and worshiping Him every day in whatever circumstance you find yourself...this is loving Jesus. Living sacrificially for others, for the glory of God, this is loving Jesus. Lifting up the name of Jesus in every opportunity you get, this is loving Jesus. Looking unto Him daily for your salvation, this is loving Jesus.

It sounds so simple, nearly boring and mundane. We think it is suppose to be fancy and special but the gospel is so simple. What does God want from us? It's actually simpler that we think. Love. He wants our love. For Him, and for others.

We go throughout this world, with Christ in us, the hope of glory. This life will go by so fast. We don't want to get to heaven and realize that we were living for the "bigger and better" when Jesus points to a much smaller and humbler story.

I heard these remaining words from a sermon and they spoke to my hungry heart.

"God moves through those who realize that they aren't qualified. God put the Spirit of God and a message in a few broken guys and through them, He changed the world.

When we get to heaven I hope this is my testimony.

That I read the Bible more than the news...

That I built the local church rather than a following...

That I trusted God more than i tried to control my life...

That I spent more time on closet foors with my Bible than on social media...

That I choose the small rather than craved big...

That I choose Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. The struggle of believers is also the revelation that you are not alone in this and that through unity in Jesus, we can carry other's burdens. I say this because I have simultaneously been going through a similar season. Praying for you to continually thrive and live in this simplicity.

    Is it really that simple? Jesus is the Yes and Amen and He is Love and that's it. We have been given a capacity, will, and nature to love as He does.



    "Serving the local church, teaching the Word, living life alongside God's people, enjoying God and worshiping Him every day in whatever circumstance you find yourself...this is loving Jesus. Living sacrificially for others, for the glory of God, this is loving Jesus. Lifting up the name of Jesus in every opportunity you get, this is loving Jesus. Looking unto Him daily for your salvation, this is loving Jesus."- Emily Kreger

    ReplyDelete