Wednesday, October 19, 2016

2 Cor 13.11

2 Corinthians 13.11

"Finally brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration. Comfort one another, agree with one mother, live in peace and the god of love and peace will be with you."

The way we treat our brothers and sisters is essentially the way we treat God. f I truly believed this with all my heart, it would surely change my actions and attitude towards my brothers and sisters in Christ. This truth changes everything. It changes every action, decision and word spoken.

No matter how I am treated by a man or woman, the way I respond changes the whole situation. “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭I can repay evil for evil or I can respond to them unto the Lord.

Through the fall of man, the purity of life has been corrupted. People are viewed as a burden and object instead of a child of God and blessing from Him. People are not just people, they are God's beloved creation, image bearers of the One True God. This truth brings great influence and opportunity for each relationship that God puts in our life. Whether it is a quick interaction with someone at the store, or a deep relationship with someone, each interaction with a person has eternal impact.

Jesus essentially told us that how we treat others is how we treat Him.

“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:37-38, 40‬ ‭

This truth brings great hope and joy into my heart! God tells us to rejoice in this beautiful truth and live on it. What does that look like? It looks like aiming for restoration. Comforting one another. Agreeing with one another. Living in peace with one another. In Jesus name. The promises that will come are closeness of God who is THE GOD of love and peace. Amen.

Application: Today I am praying that Team Cambodia girls will walk out this truth today, for the rest of training, in Cambodia and for the rest of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment