Monday, October 17, 2016

Phil 3.10

//That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death.//
Phil 3. 10

Jesus was beaten, mocked and scourged. He was toured and marred beyond recognition. Jesus was falsely accused and slandered. He was gossiped about and misunderstood. Jesus was beaten by those closest to Him. Those very people whom He had invested His life into. Ultimately Jesus was murdered on a tree for the sins of men and women who hated Him. This is the life of Jesus and the death He died. In looking at this truth, I have to seek my heart and ask myself how much Jesus means to me? Would I live the life that He lived? Would I die the death that He died? Do I die to myself daily so that I may serve others? No. I have selfish heart that wants to preserve my life. Most days I am more concerned about my wants and needs than serving others. By God’s grace He still loves and uses a wretch like me to love and serve the very people that I have a selfish heart towards.

Application: Today I am praying and asking the Lord to show me ways I can die to myself and serve my teammates. I am also praying that the Lord gives me a heart that’s desire is to serve others out of purity and love.

1 comment:

  1.  Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. - 1 Peter 4:1-2

    ReplyDelete