Sunday, September 18, 2016

Luke 17.7-10

//Will any of you who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and recline at my table?’ will he not rather say to him, ‘prepare supper for me, and dress properly, and serve me while I eat and drink? Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say “We are unworthy servants, we have only done what was our duty”.//
Luke 17:7-10

In the Kingdom of God i’m called to serve out of a heart of thanksgiving. When I treasure Jesus and what He has done for me, any sacrifice or service will be a gift and a joy that is given to me to give back to the Lord. When I take my eyes off of Jesus and look to myself it becomes a burden and a chore. When Jesus is truly at the center of my life and my desires are rooted in Him, I will not live as an entitled servant but as an unworthy one. An entitled servant is more of a burden than a blessing, but a servant who serves with a heart of humility serves like Jesus.

How do I serve daily and not grow an entitled heart? I keep my eyes on Jesus. What is a sure way to become an entitled servant? To keep my eyes on myself and my brothers and sisters. An unworthy servant is a willing servant, one who will do whatever is placed in front of them out of joyful obedience. The reverence and love that we have for our Master will be demonstrated in our heart for the task at hand. We are not those who have an unfair and harsh Master but we rest in the hands of Perfect Love. As I behold His glory and worship in reverence, service becomes a gift. When we live our days in humble service, by His grace He will give us the heart of an unworthy servant in the hands of a perfect servant.



Application: Today I am praying that the Lord will open my eyes to opportunities to serve and any opportunity that God gives me I will take some extra time to praise the Lord and ask for a heart of thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment