Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Eph 1:3

Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,

So often I live as if I am lacking. My heart often feels like i fall short. When I am living in defeat and looking to my ability to strengthen myself I will always lack.

This truth in Ephesians 1:3 is one that blows my mind and changes everything.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Who has blessed us
In Christ
With EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING
In the heavenly places

Every spiritual blessing. Who HAS blessed us. This blessing came with Jesus Christ. We don't have to work for this blessing or strive for it. It is already ours in Christ Jesus. My God raises the dead, and He has blessed me with every spiritual blessing. How do I access this blessing? Faith in Jesus. He wants only one thing, my faith. Do I have the faith to believe and live with the abundance of every spiritual blessing? God loves faith. Because of His promises in His Word, He can't deny his faithfulness. In the Bible, the only times we have record of Jesus marveling is at great faith, and at a lack of faith. We should take that very seriously. It amazes me that the God of the universe can marvel at my faith (or my lack of faith). Is Jesus going to marvel at my great faith, or my lack of faith?

My expectations, aim, pursuits get so small because I lose sight of the fact that my God is the God who raises the dead. I lose sight of the fact that I gain an inheritance when I simply believe. I lose sight that I have already been blessed with every spiritual blessing. Paul had the power of the resurrection flowing through his life. If we are only asking God for strength for what we need to do rather what we cannot do, our expectations are way to small, our pursuits are too small and our prayers are degraded. Am I living only in the realm of my strength, energy and resources? Or am I living in His abundant blessings? For I have them all in Jesus name. It's time to stand up, believe and walk in them.

"Rise up O woman of God, have done with lesser things. Give heart and soul and mind and strength to serve the King of kinds."

No comments:

Post a Comment