Thursday, October 20, 2016

Phil 3.8

“Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭

Nothing is wasted in God's creation. Even the things that are counted as loss are used for His glory and praise.

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
‭‭Romans‬ 8:28

This verse makes me ask my heart "What is my surpassing worth?". Jesus is worth it all. He is worth everything. Anything that He calls us to and asks us to surrender to Him pales in comparison to walking in obedience and unity with Him. In the moment, surrender seems the most difficult calling. Surrender of personal wants, desires, dreams, possessions, family is God's call on our life. It's not that He wants His children to be miserable, it's that He wants us to surrender everything into His hands so that He can use it for His purposes.

In this walk of obedience, Jesus will call each and everyone of us to surrender different things to Him. Ultimately He calls us to complete surrender but I'm finding that He does so each and every day. Everyday I wake up to Him calling me deeper into surrender and everyday He gives me different things to surrender into His hands. But they are counted as loss compared to the height, width and depth of God's love. In our surrender, we gain Christ. He is surpassing worth of all we could ever ask or imagine.

Application: As I deal with missing my friends and family back in Oklahoma, each time they come to mind today I will pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment